Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sick and busy or busy being sick

I've been sick for three weeks: first allergies, then sinus infection, and finally bronchitis. I seemed to be better for a day or maybe two before I'd feel worse again. Finally I went to the doctor this afternoon. Let's see, I was given an inhaler, a shot, a prescription for strong antibiotics, and advice to continue taking the OTC decongestant I was taking (bubble wrap to survive the illness experience). I'm coughing less and actually took two long naps.

Today The Muse Online Writers Conference began and lasts all week with live-chat sessions and forum "classes." (If a person is interested and not already registered, it's too late now. However I would suggest everyone should watch for enrollment for next year.) However, I'm registered and wanted to attend several chats and follow some forums. I missed all the chats today and tonight I wanted to attend, either because I was at the doctor's or sleeping. The forums can be followed at my pace, thankfully.

Lea Schizas with help from Carolyn Howard-Johnson worked hard to put the conference together. I don't know how both women do all they do.

4RV Publishing has a forum on the conference list, and I did manage to cover all the posts today, some later than I expected, but a responses are posted.

Hopefully I'll be able to follow the chats I scheduled tomorrow and keep up with the forums. I've already learned things that will help me improve my writing and also help authors with the company.

So, I need to do the following this week (use brain cells): write a Short Story Newsletter for Writing.Com; keep up with the 4RV forum on The Muse Conference site; attend live chat sessions to learn more to improve writing, publishing, marketing, and more; "attend" the sessions through the forums and do the same as through chats. Other than that, I need to do the regular publishing jobs on my desk.

Cross posted on Vivian's Site

6 comments:

Holly Jahangiri said...

I'm about to collapse, myself, from lack of time to do it all - but at least I'm not sick, to boot. ::knock wood::

You have to take care of your health, first and foremost, or you can't take care of anything or anyone else. (That goes for anyone reading this!!) It may feel "selfish," but it's not. Selfish is collapsing in a sick, exhausted heap and being unable to do anything for yourself or anyone else.

Vivian Zabel said...

Believe me, I'm starting to take care of me. Unless something MUST be done, I'm not doing it. The forum on the Muse Conference isn't getting near the time and care I had planned. The book I was formatting will be waiting when I do get to it. The house is a mess --- oh, I forgot, it always is. *laugh*

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon, Vivian. It was nice to see you at my blog.

Helen Ginger said...

Well Vivian, it sounds like you're taking it easy. NOT!

Take care of yourself.

Morgan Mandel said...

I hope you get better soon Vivian. Tis the season for getting sick.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://bloodredpencil.blogspot.com

Rena Jones said...

I hope you're feeling better today, Vivian.