Saturday, April 18, 2009

Introducing my great-granddaughter Haylee Rose

Haylee Rose Romines


Born April 17, 2009 at 2:13 AM

Length 20 inches

Weight 7 pounds 2 ounces

Granny can hardly wait to hold her. I sat with Macayla, my granddaughter, all day Thursday, the 16th, and finally left at 9 PM. I got a call about 1:30 AM, "Things are starting to happen." At 3 AM I get a call, "You're a great-grandma again."

My daughter received a picture of Haylee on her cell phone and uploaded it on MySpace. I swiped it to use here.

Isn't Haylee a sweetheart? Look at that hair. Of course, I think she's beautiful.

Welcome to our family, Haylee. You are loved by many, including Granny.

Yep, I'm called Granny by all my grandchildren and now great-grandchildren. Macayla, our first grandchild, started calling me that when she started talking, and the name has stuck. Her son, Kurtis, is our first great-grandchild, and he calls me Granny, too, as do Keri's two girls. Keri is Macayla's younger sister. At least now I look like a Granny. *laugh*



.

17 comments:

Holly Jahangiri said...

Oh, she's beautiful, Viv! Congratulations to Macayla and to you - to your whole family. What a sweet blessing.

Unknown said...

Congrats to you, your daughter, and your grandaughter! :) She's beautiful!

Vivian Zabel said...

Thanks, Holly and Mel. Of course Haylee does have a good looking father, beautiful mother, and, uh, well, there are other attractive people in the family.

Joyce Anthony said...

She's beautiful!!!! Thank you for sharing your joy with us!

elysabeth said...

She does have a head full of hair - how beautiful she is. Congrats to everyone - I'm sure she will have lots of folks wanting to hold her and nurture her. Thanks for sharing with us - E :)

Nancy Famolari said...

Congrats, Vivian. She is beautiful. I love the hair!!

Dawn Embers said...

Congrats. She is beautiful.

ChrisChat said...

A true gift. Such a sweetie. Enjoy.

HUGS

Vivian Zabel said...

Thanks, everyone. A blessing is meant to be shared, and Haylee is a blessing.

The Stiletto Gang said...

Beautiful baby! Congratulations.

Rhonda
aka The Southern Half of Evelyn David
http://www.evelyndavid.com

Margaret Tanner said...

Hi Vivian,
Congratulations on the arrival of Haylee. She looks gorgeous.
Cheers
Margaret

Beth Bence Reinke said...

A new baby truly is a miracle. She's beautiful, Vivian. Enjoy having another great-grandbaby to love.

Katie Hines said...

Lovely great-granddaughter picture. I''m sure you're thrilled. Congratulations to you and the rest of the family.

Rena Jones said...

She's gorgeous! Congratulations Granny & family!

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Haylee is adorable. Congratulations to you and your family on the new addition.

Beverly

http://beverlystowmecclure.wordpress.com

Stephen Macquignon said...

Here’s to many days of enjoyment with your new great grandchild
“Granny!” :)

Karen Cioffi said...

AWWHHH! Congratulations!

She's beautiful. What a blessing grandchildren and GREAT grandchildren are!

Karen