Thursday, June 25, 2009

Words to live by

I finally remembered the message on a plaque in my rheumatologist's office, one that has brightened my mind every time I read it.

Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow, Live Today.

Too often we mix those ideas and dream today, cherish tomorrow, and try to relive yesterday. Yesterday is gone, and we need to stop trying to change the past -- we can't. Tomorrow is beyond our grasp, and we can't cherish it because it hasn't arrived and may not. Today is to be lived, minute by minute, hour by hour.

Lord, help me keep my priorities where they belong and to make the most of my today.


.

2 comments:

Rena Jones said...

Great words.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

As said in "Kung Fu Panda" - today is a gift, that is why it is called the present!

(Pretty deep for an animated film, huh?)

L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net