Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Today celebrates all we have for which to give thanks, and I have so many that I can't list them all. However, since I'm reading One Special Act by Debbie Macomber, I started a gratitude journal and add five items plus one praise to the Lord each day.

One praise I have, and a huge thank you, is God gave me a talent (well, more than one, but this one is special right now): writing. I've always liked to tell stories, and I don't mean fibs. I entertained friends and siblings, then children and grandchildren. I had excellent teachers who gave me the tools needed to write those stories and the poetry that ran around in my head.

Life hasn't always been easy, far from it, but everything that happened and happens can be used to build character, faith, and plots with vivid characters. Such is the situation concerning my new novel Stolen. Many people know the background of the plot in that novel: two grandchildren taken by their father. The twelve years they were gone, when we had no idea whether they lived or not or where they were, affected us deeply and gave me fodder for the novel.

However, that experience, although difficult and agonizing, now leads to a huge thanksgiving since both grandchildren are now back in our lives.

Hope everyone has a very good day this Thanksgiving season.





Want a book to give for Christmas? Let me suggest Stolen  as well as One Simple Act.

Of course 4RV Publishing has many selections for gifts for all ages. Just visit 4RV Publishing Bookstore.

No comments: