Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas greetings 2010




No matter that many sorrows befell me this time of the year, I still love Christmas, the whole season and the reason for the season. Yes, having a Christmas celebration a few days after my baby girl died was hard, very hard, but I had a loving husband and three very lively children. The fact that God sent his only son didn't change. My mother, father, sister, and brother joined us for Christmas, even though all of us had a heartache. Christmas still came.
When my father passed away, my mother's mother, and then my mother during the holiday season, I hurt, but Christmas still came: the joy of which the angels sang.

The hardest trauma was the loss of two grandchildren who disappeared with their father not long before Christmas. Their presents sat in a closet for several years. But other grandchildren helped keep the Christmas spirit alive. The good tidings still existed.

Christmas is here again, and the joy fills my heart. No, there aren't many presents, and I may not receive a one, but I have the amazing love of God in my heart, a husband who still loves me and even thinks I'm beautiful, three children whom I love deeply, grandchildren and great-grandchildren who are the best in the world.

May your Christmas be blessed.



5 comments:

shericole1029 said...

This is lovely, Vivian. Thank you for sharing it--and reminding me that there IS joy, even in the midst of heartache.

Vivian Zabel said...

Thanks, Sheri. So many have sorrows during this time of year, ones that seem more difficult because of the Christmas season. I just want to share that we can still enjoy even with a deep sorrow pulling at us.

Rena Jones said...

Merry Christmas, Vivian.

Sharon - Grandma is a Writer said...

Thanks for sharing your heart. I'm going to add your blog to my "favorites" on my website.

Our story is similar. My sister-in-law was in a terrible accident that left her crippled and unable to work during the Christmas season. And just eleven years ago our 22 year old son left on Thanksgiving Day to take a hike and was never seen again.

But the JOY of the living Lord Jesus who came as a child, died as a man and rose again to give us eternal life has filled our hearts with HOPE that never ends.

Have a blessed Christmas!

Vivian Zabel said...

Sharon, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. When troubles hit during this time of the year, they seems harder to bear, but God is still on the throne.