Monday, August 5, 2019

Frustrations Trying to Learn New Things







     After being pushed into starting an author's page on Facebook, I find many things to do, things I don't understand and can't find. I have a hard time learning new things as I age, and, yes, I am getting older every day. That means every day I find new things, especially technology, more difficult to conquer.

     Therefore, I need to stop allowing people to talk me into doing new things for several reasons:

1. I don't want to take the time and mental energy to figure out something that isn't necessary.

2. If someone isn't willing to guide me through all the steps more than one or two times, I don't have to do it.

3. I need to use my time and energy (which is very limited) on my writing and helping others in the areas I do understand and know.

4. If new things are not worth the frustrations involved, then I don't need new things.

     Now, if I can persuade certain people that I don't need an author page on Facebook that looks professional, that I don't need to know how to run a WordPress website, that I don't need to tweet every time I change the sheets on my bed, that I don't need ... whatever new thing that takes more time and energy than what I can spare, then I will be better off, at least for a day or two.


No comments: