Thursday, August 8, 2019

Newest Novel, Burnt Offering

     A modern tale set in ancient times, Burnt Offering contains suspense, romance, and a problem found still today, the sacrifice of children through neglect, abuse, and murder.
      Judah, 8th Century BCE, King Ahaz sat and watched his own infant placed in the hands of a red-hot bronze idol. He heard the child’sscreams over the beating of 100 drums. He watched the child turn red, then black as it burned alive. He smelled the odor of burnt skin. Yet, he and his followers did what Moleck wanted, killing their own children.

     After two years of in-depth research and over four years of writing, re-writing, editing, revising, I sent the manuscript to six different editors, all who set high standards. I revised the manuscript after each edit. I found other places that needed tweaking and polishing. A year later, the imprint editor did her final edit, and I did the final revision. The manuscript went to the design department, and a few weeks later, I had a proof for final editing, and few changes were needed. The files for the cover and interior uploaded at the printer. 

     I held the book in my hands and thought, "How powerful." The cover, created by Aidana WillowRaven couldn't be called beautiful, but it was powerful. The amount of work to make the idol reflect the fire, the effect of evil she created with her art work took my breath away.

     Reviews of the manuscript by William Bernhardt and Stan Toler encouraged me, and the reviews since gladden my heart. The reviews posted on Amazon make me feel that readers are enjoying my book. 


Copies can be ordered on the 4RV Online Bookstore, through brick and mortar bookstores, and other online providers.

     

   

No comments: