Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Virtual Tour for Writers and Authors


Writers and Authors

Jo Linsdell is a freelance writer and author of Italian for tourists and A guide to weddings in Italy, which are available to buy from www.lulu.com/jolinsdell, along with her various ebooks.

Originally from the UK, she moved to Rome, Italy in 2001, where she now lives with her husband and their baby son.


She is currently working on the Italian Home Study series of ebooks and a pocket size edition of her book ‘Italian for tourists’.


As well as writing, she is the creator and manager of the Writers and Authors website (http://writersandauthors.blogspot.com), and she is here today to tell us a bit more about it.


What is Writers and Authors?

A place for people in the writing industry to gather and share experiences, tips, and advice, not to mention promote their latest work and discuss various topics related to the writing industry. Included in this blog readers will also find links to sites for writers, competitions and contests, interviews, writer and book event listings and more.


Why ‘relaunch’?

My son was born in December 2007 after a difficult pregnancy, so I’ve been away for a while. Having to spend 8 months on bed rest meant I had a lot of time on my hands, which I used to work on my various writing related projects. The Writers and Authors site was a big success, and my plan is to make it even better now I’m back online. To make sure everyone gets the chance to take part and see the great opportunities on the site, I thought it was a good idea to have a big re-launch party to celebrate and spread the word.


What changes have been made to the site?

The new format will be as follows:
Mondays: Opportunities for writers. This will include paying markets, competitions, online courses etc.


Tuesdays: Featured Authors. This will include author interviews and samples of their writing.


Wednesdays: Publishers, editors, etc. This section will include interviews with publishers, editors, and explain how the industry works and give helpful advice on the more technical aspects of the writing industry e.g. what they look for, how to query, and so forth.

Thursdays: Book reviews. This will include reviews about any type of book. I’m particularly looking for reviews about self-help for writers books (and related) but will also post reviews about fiction, poetry, and basically anything else.

Fridays: Upcoming events. This section will include dates and details about conferences and other events for writers online. Also author chats online, virtual tours etc…

How can people get involved?

For those of you interested in being interviewed for the 'Featured Author' section please send me an email (writersandauthors@yahool.it) giving some details about yourself and your writing. Please also include your website address.


The same applies for publishers and editors.

As you can see, I also want to include a section with book reviews. You are welcome to review any type of book (e.g. self help for writers or a fiction or poetry book). In fact I'll be happier to have a good mix. If you’re new to writing reviews and want some pointers check out http://library.queensu.ca/research/gjide/book-reviews/how-write
for some tips. Please send your review in the body of the email to writersandauthors@yahoo.it with 'Book Review' in the subject line.

How can people support Writers and Authors?

Nominations (e.g. Writers Digest 101 best sites- any others are good too J), blog postings, interviews, putting a link on their sites, spreading the word to others.


Tell us about the Virtual Tour?

To re-launch this site in its new format, I'm organising a virtual tour starting October 1, 2008. Anyone who is interested in hosting me for an interview or featuring the Writers and Authors website on theirs, please send me an email to the new address writersandauthors@yahoo.it with virtual tour in the subject line. I will post a copy of the Virtual Tour calendar soon so you can keep track of the events.


Thank you, Jo, for adding more brain cells to the business of writing.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back!! Haven't seen you around for awhile.
ron

Vivian Zabel said...

Thank you, Ron, for stopping by. I hope people do follow me to my new blog.

It is good to see Jo back.

Vivian

Mr. Hughes said...

Greetings, I am doing the virtual class visits with Ms. Eldering. I have really enjoyed working with her and she nothing but great things to say about you as well. I have enjoyed reading your site and look forward to more quality writing. Take Care...

Vivian Zabel said...

Thanks, I'm glad you like my blog. I'm trying to make it helpful in various ways.

Vivian