Sunday, December 21, 2008
Fabulous? My blog? Wow, thanks.
Holly Jahangiri, a dear friend/adopted daughter and 4RV Publishing author, wrote one of the best children's books I've ever read, Trockle. Over the past months, Trockle has become "real" to everyone. My grandson Aiden will not go to sleep until someone reads Trockle to him. When he talked to me on the phone after I sent him a copy and a Trockle t-shirt, he just kept saying, "Love Trockle book. Love Trockle book."
Now the lovable little monster sent my blog the "Your Blog is Fabulous" award.
However, he says two conditions are attached: 1. I have to list 5 addictions; 2. I have to send the award to 5 other blogs.
Addictions are hard, because as Holly told Trockle, there is a difference between love and addiction. However, I'll try.
1. Pepsi, I've had to give that addiction up because of diabetes, but every once in a while, I'll treat myself and have one - a real Pepsi. Diet Pepsi is nasty. *sigh*
2. Shrimp, give me a choice of a favorite meal, and I'll choose shrimp, preferably butterflied, with a tossed salad and baked potato. Yummy.
3. Writing must be an addiction because I can't stop.
4. Teaching is either an addiction or an obsession, not sure which. I "retired" from officially teaching over seven years ago, but through editing and publishing, I'm still teaching. Even my blogs have lessons. Ish.
5. My grandchildren's and great-grandchildren's ballgames are addictive. I love watching them play and feel strong withdrawals when I'm not able to go.
Now, five blogs that I think are fabulous (of course there are more than five, but ...).
1. Carolyn Howard-Johnson's blog
2. Make Mine Mystery blog
3. Harry Gilleland's blog
4. Crystalee Calderwood's blog
5. Ransom Noble's blog
Aren't those blogs a good selection? I would have added Joyce Anthony's, but she's setting up a new blog. I don't have the URL, but hopefully someone will add hers when possible.
Also, please visit Holly Jahangiri's blog.