Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Tagged for the Honest Scrap Award again
I received an email from Jean Henry Mead, telling me she tagged Brain Cells & Bubble Wrap for the Honest Scrap Award. Her ten honest secrets are listed on A Western Historical Happening.
Scrap means left overs, fragments, discarded material, and many times truth and honesty is discarded material, considered fragments and left over. So, we need to tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will.
The guidelines for winning this award include the following:
1. List 10 honest things about yourself (make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep)
2. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers
The 10 honest things about me, maybe not interesting, but I'll try:
1. When I was eight, I wrote my first poem during a school unit on poetry. I fell in love with poetry and still express my inner most feeling with verse.
2. I lost my youngest baby, my father, my grandmother, and my mother during the Thanksgiving/Christmas season over a period of many years, but the loss still remains.
3. I feel guilty that my younger son, youngest living child, was born with brain damage, even though I "know" I didn't do it. However, he overcame and is now a teacher and coach with a PhD.
4. I never planned to be a publisher, yet here I am.
5. I was always the guys' best friend when in school. It was funny since I was the girl who never dated until after she turned sixteen, and the boys always asked my advice.
6. When I was twelve years old, I knew I would be a teacher. Although, I never realized I'd be married with three children in school before I did.
7. My husband promised me at least 50 years of marriage when we married, and I intend to help him keep his promise. Forty-seven is coming up.
8. The guy that "broke my heart" when I was in high school because I wasn't able to help him in his career ended up left by his wife because he became disabled. Hmmm ...
9. I have two friends that, even if we've been apart for years, pick up where we left off.
10. I'm really rather shy and not good at promoting myself, not good at all.
The seven blogs to receive the award:
Susan Smith Thompson
The Story Master
Now, each of the bloggers above may save the award image and use it. They need to follow the two "rules" attached to receiving the award.
Also visit Prairie Dog Cowboy and Vivian's Mysteries.