Monday, December 15, 2008
Wow! Brain Cells & Bubble Wrap receives award
Who'd a thunk, we received an award.
Lea Schizas, award winning author-editor, honored Brain Cells & Bubble Wrap with the Honest Scrap award. Scrap means left overs, fragments, discarded material, and many times truth and honesty is discarded material, considered fragments and left over. So, we need to tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will.
According to Lea's blog,The Writing Jungle, the guidelines for winning this award include the following:
1. List 10 honest things about yourself (make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!)
2. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers
Ten honest things about me, hmm ...
1. I thoroughly dislike dishonesty whether in word or deed.
2. I try never to hurt anyone deliberately.
3. When I discover I have hurt anyone, I must apologize.
4. I often tire of being the peace maker, but feel I have to keep trying.
5. I would much rather write than clean house.
6. I expect other people to try as hard and to give as much as I do.
7. I have few really close friends, who are all dear to me. I'd be lost without them.
8. A hole is torn in my heart each time someone dear leaves permanently.
9. I love light and laughter.
10. Christmas is my favorite season, even if no gifts appear.
Part 2 is seven blogs I believe deserve this award. The award is given to those with the guts to say it as it is, as Lea says, to tell the Honest Scrap.
1. Holly Jahangiri
2. Lee Lofland
3. Marvin D. Wilson
4. Rena Jones
5. Ian Williams
6. Elysabeth Eldering
7. Morgan Mandel
Now, each of the bloggers above may save the award image and use it. They need to follow the two "rules" attached to receiving the award.
I have many more blogs that I follow, but those chosen will pass the award on to others I would like to if I could.
Also visit Prairie Dog Cowboy and Vivian's Mysteries.