Monday, December 15, 2008

Wow! Brain Cells & Bubble Wrap receives award


Who'd a thunk, we received an award.

Lea Schizas, award winning author-editor, honored Brain Cells & Bubble Wrap with the Honest Scrap award. Scrap means left overs, fragments, discarded material, and many times truth and honesty is discarded material, considered fragments and left over. So, we need to tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will.

According to Lea's blog,The Writing Jungle, the guidelines for winning this award include the following:


1. List 10 honest things about yourself (make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!)
2. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers

Ten honest things about me, hmm ...

1. I thoroughly dislike dishonesty whether in word or deed.
2. I try never to hurt anyone deliberately.
3. When I discover I have hurt anyone, I must apologize.
4. I often tire of being the peace maker, but feel I have to keep trying.
5. I would much rather write than clean house.
6. I expect other people to try as hard and to give as much as I do.
7. I have few really close friends, who are all dear to me. I'd be lost without them.
8. A hole is torn in my heart each time someone dear leaves permanently.
9. I love light and laughter.
10. Christmas is my favorite season, even if no gifts appear.

Part 2 is seven blogs I believe deserve this award. The award is given to those with the guts to say it as it is, as Lea says, to tell the Honest Scrap.

1. Holly Jahangiri
2. Lee Lofland
3. Marvin D. Wilson
4. Rena Jones
5. Ian Williams
6. Elysabeth Eldering
7. Morgan Mandel

Now, each of the bloggers above may save the award image and use it. They need to follow the two "rules" attached to receiving the award.

I have many more blogs that I follow, but those chosen will pass the award on to others I would like to if I could.




Also visit Prairie Dog Cowboy and Vivian's Mysteries.


.

9 comments:

elysabeth said...

Why thank you Vivian for nominating me for this award. I will work on getting this posted soon. Right now it is wrapping up work time and then who knows - lol - writing maybe. See you in the postings - E :)

Rena Jones said...

Thanks Vivian! :)

Vivian Zabel said...

I'm anxious to see what the seven bloggers I named post.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award, Vivian, and thanks for sharing the honest things about yourself. I'm also glad to see the other blogs you believe deserve the award. I know some of them and agree and will check out the others!

Vivian Zabel said...

I wish I could have listed all the blogs I think qualify for the honesty award.

Lea Schizas - Author/Editor said...

So you'd rather write than clean. Are you my twin?

Vivian Zabel said...

Well, maybe a much older twin, Lea. *laugh* But I thought all real writers would rather write than clean, right?

Divinity Rose said...

I just happen to love both brain cells and bubble wraps... :) what an awesome blog name (i stumbled upon your blog)

Vivian Zabel said...

I'm very glad you stumbled upon my blog. I hope you return often.