Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Best Liar , uh, Creative Writer Blogger Award







Lea Schizas
honored me and five others with the Creative Writer Blogger Award. Thanks, Lea, I think. The catch lies in the rules.

First the rules:

1: Thank the person who gave you the award and link to them.
2: Add the award to your blog
3: Tell six outrageous lies about yourself and one truth.
4: Nominate six creative liars... I mean writers and post links to them.
5: Let your nominees know that they have been nominated.

Six lies and one truth? Can anyone guess which one is the truth?

1- I once managed a car/truck repair shop.
2- I can speak four languages proficiently.
3- I never use covers (blanket, quilt, comforter)any time of the year.
4- I gave up smoking and drinking when I was sixteen.
5- I've been married twice, but the last one lasted.
6- I spent two nights in jail. No, I won't say what I did or didn't do.
7- I've had five children.

Finished. My six lies and one truth are posted for all to see. Can you pick which is true and which aren't? Choose which one you think is the truth and comment. Maybe I'll offer a free eBook to the winner, too. I'll post the correct answer Monday night, after the competition is over at 6 PM CST.

The last part of the award is for me to nominate 6 other writers.

1- Holly Jahangiri because she can weave some interesting tales.
2- Rena Jones because she can take pictures that can't be real
3- Jacque Graham because she needs to stretch
4- Diane Sagan just because
5- Harry Gilleland because he can storoem about anything
6- Nikki Shoemaker because she can draw anything, even the truth

Those six are my nominations for the Liar's, uh, Creative Writer Blogger Award.

Thanks again, Lea. May your creative writing be a blessing.

Now come on everyone, guess which of the above 7 things is the truth.

.

13 comments:

Lea Schizas - Author/Editor said...

Gee, I thought I had narrowed it down but have to go with my gut feeling and I'll say it's #1.

Vivian Zabel said...

*laugh* How funny.

Angelica Weatherby said...

You look too nice to get in trouble... I know you have children... Not sure if you can speak 4 languages and so I will put my guess at #7. :)

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to go with #5

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm going with #1 as well!

Holly Jahangiri said...

I'm torn between #3 and #4.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vivian, CONGRATS on receiving the Creative Writer Blogger Award!

I'm going to choose #7 as your truth.

Jacque Graham said...

Hi Vivian. I am going to go with number one, though I cannot imagine this, which means it may be true.
Thanks for the award.

Vivian Zabel said...

Okay, those who guessed # 1 were correct. My husband had a car/truck repair shop, and I managed the business end, ran parts,and did all the clerical work.

The rest were completely false -- and I mean completely.

Thanks for the fun. My nominations, please let me know when you post in your blog.

Rena Jones said...

Thanks, Vivian! It's funny, but I was going to guess #1 last night, but ended up going to bed early rather than catch up with blogs. Thanks again!

Holly Jahangiri said...

::doffs her tall tale hat:: Dang. Some of those were as good as my pygmies.

Holly Jahangiri said...

P.S. I do plan to accept this award (thank you for thinking of me) because it is just SO appropriate - but I need a bit of time to craft my tales...

I mean, dangit, I'm such an open book! LOL

Vivian Zabel said...

*holds sides laughing*