Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day Memories

Mother (Dolly Gilbert), Grandma Elsie Lyles, Me, with Bob, Rene, and Randy in front
    My mother has been gone for fifteen years and some months, but I still miss her. She was my children's grandmother, just ask them. Perfect? No, but she loved her children and her grandchildren and her great-grandchildren. She never met her great-great-grandchildren, but she would have loved them, too.

     I know where Mother is now, for no one had any doubt that she loved and followed the Lord. I'm sure one of the first things she did after visiting with Jesus was find her two granddaughters who went before her, and then they all had to be with Grandma Lyles. Mother never spent much time with her mother here on Earth. As a military man, my father's service took us all over the world, with just brief visits with my mother's family. Now, Mother and Grandma can make up for all the many years they never saw one another.

     Happy Mother's Day, Mother. Hold Regina a while for me, please, and give J.J. and Grandma a hug from me.

     Happy Mother's Day, too, mothers of my grandchildren (Rene, Brenda, and Janelle) and great-grandchildren (Macayla and Keri). You have blessed me as a mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother.

No comments: