Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11, 2001 - 2012


          
          September 11, 2001, I sat in my recliner working on a manuscript. My adult baby boy called, crying, told me to turn on the television. We watched together as the second plane plowed into the second tower. The horror, the pain, the terror will never be forgotten. I hadn't heard my son cry like that before, even when a child, as if his heart were more than breaking but being torn apart; but I felt every tear and break myself. 
          I thought the Murrah Building bombing in Oklahoma City, so close to home, horrifying, and still do, but this atrocity seemed even more terrible in a way. I can't believe the number of people who want to forget 9/11 happened, who want to trust the terrorists who applauded, even if they were not directly involved. That undermining of our country is even worse. God help us.

No comments: