Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas is coming

     Only 16 days until Christmas Day, 15 until Christmas Eve. I'm as ready as I can be. The presents Robert and I can afford are bought, most are gift-bagged or wrapped. The most important part of Christmas, to me, is family, and we'll be with at least part of ours this Christmas.


     I work hard to keep my Christmas spirits up and full of joy each year. Yes, the season from Thanksgiving until Christmas has some painful memories, but I still want to feel the joy and blessings of Christmas. I have so many blessings for which to be thankful. I have a husband who still walks  rolls beside me. We have three living, productive, smart, good-looking children. We have ten grandchildren and five great-grandchildren (we count the ones added by marriage, too).

     Robert and I have health issues, but God gives us strength to continue. When life isn't fair, as it usually isn't, we know that we have more than many people in the world. When the aches, pains, and misery come, we realize that as long as we feel, we are alive. We know where we're going after this life, but we would rather stick around longer since we happen to love our family and friends.

     Yes, we have friends, wonderful friends. Some we see seldom. Some of mine I've never seen. However, this age of technology, we can stay in touch with friends and family far away.

     We won't be sending Christmas cards this year, but we hope all our family and friends know we are thinking of them.

     I hope everyone who reads this blog has a marvelous holiday season. Those who are Jewish, may Hanukkah be bright and all you expect. Those who celebrate Christmas, Merry Christmas.

     

2 comments:

Rena Jones said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Vivian. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Vivian. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!