Friday, October 30, 2009

Register now for 2010 Muse Online Writers Conference


The 2009 Muse Online Writers Conference closed October 18, but people can already register for the 2010 conference. Lea Schizas says she will not add late comers next year. True, the registration deadline isn't until August 2010, but waiting can often mean forgetting. Another reason to register early is to be able to have time to learn one's way around the site and be able to take part in different activities during the year.

For those who can't afford to attend a writing conference or can't find one close enough to attend, here is your chance. A free conference, online, means anyone can afford to attend. The only suggestion I have is to be sure you allow yourself time to take all the workshops you'd like. Forum workshops can be entered anytime day or not. Live chats, though, are scheduled for specific times. This year, except for the pitch sessions involving 4RV, I stuck to the forum workshops since my schedule is so hectic.

Lea's registration directions are as follows:

Next year's conference will be held October 11 - 17, 2010. Only those who register and follow my INDIVIDUAL EMAIL request will get updates throughout the year about upcoming new workshops and pitch sessions I'll be hosting in 2010 -- before the 2010 Conference.

To register go here:

http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/2010MuseConferenceRegistration/

But remember for the conference registration, you MUST have your membership in INDIVIDUAL MODE. This year many registered but missed out because they had their membership in NO EMAIL. I'm sorry, but I don't have time to check over 1000 members to see what they've done. Your responsibility.


Next year, 4RV Publishing will have a forum, as the company has for the past two years. This year we had topics such as answering questions about the company, answering writing questions, discussing what 4RV needs in submissions and what is not acceptable. The company also took pitches for submissions, and will again next year.

Also, next year I will have workshop titled English Refresher 101. We'll work at refreshing our knowledge (or learning) mechanics and grammar that often give writers problems.

Anyone who takes the time to use the live chat workshops and/or the forum workshops can help themselves be better writers. I learn something each year. The conference is a good place to network and to bump into real publishers, editors, and agents.


.

6 comments:

Sheila Deeth said...

I'm heading over there. Thanks. The Muse was brilliant - a really great week. ANd the forum was great. Glad to know you'll be there again.

Vivian Zabel said...

I've registered for next year.

"See" you there as well as online.

TerryLynnJohnson said...

Thanks for the link here! What an awesome event. And great that 4RV will be there again patiently answering questions!

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

I'm signed up.

Beverly

Lisa Logan said...

I'm so there! Already headed over to the group to sign up.

--Lisa
http://authorlisalogan.blogspot.com

Lea Schizas - Author/Editor said...

I can't believe I'm so late in dropping in to say THANK YOU Vivian for posting about the conference.

Time for me to get out of my Rip Van Winkle dormant stage. GRIN